BEHIND CLOSED DOORS:
PERSPECTIVES FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
What are the top universities really looking for in students?
The question has perplexed students (and parents) for years as they pondered their admissions results in the spring. In this e-book, we interviewed five former admissions officers from some of the most prestigious universities in the United States including: Dartmouth, Harvey Mudd and UC Berkeley.
We asked them directly:
1. What were the biggest mistakes you saw applicants make?
2. What were elements you looked for other than grades and test scores?
3. What can students do now to best prepare for the college admissions process?
4. Can you give examples of memorable applicants?
5. What do you think people would be surprised to learn about the admissions process?
Fill out the form below, download the e-book and learn how to better prepare for the college applications process.
Edited by: Yii-Shyun Lin, Elton Lin and John Chen