work with ILUMIN
- Passionate about working with youth?
- Interested in helping others discover their life goals?
- Want to help teens develop valuable skills?
- Fascinated with the college admissions process?
Many high students feel lost or stuck in their journey towards adulthood, and we are here to help. ILUMIN Education is a San Francisco Bay Area based educational consulting firm that provides expert college admissions counseling and meaningful life coaching to high school students.
By creating a climate of care and establishing support systems, we help students develop compassion, maturity, and courage--and ultimately find their way. By decoding admission goals into protocols and using research-based life coaching techniques, we aim to improve students' college admissions opportunities and develop the skills needed to be successful in college and beyond.
If you feel like you can get behind that vision--we may be looking for you!
ILUMIN Education is seeking an Educational Consultant passionate about helping students discover their calling, develop the skills for success, and dare to take their next step. Through modeling and coaching, you will support high school students in self-discovery, decision-making, curriculum mapping, extracurricular planning and college essay writing.
You will be working one-on-one with students and families to help students navigate the confusing college admissions process and set them up for long-term success. Ultimately, as an Educational Consultant, you will have the opportunity to be the adult you wish you had or were thankful you had in your high school years. Additionally, you will be working alongside other like-minded and passionate educators, helping ILUMIN Education build out new services to bring about greater change to our community.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching high school students (8th - 12th grade) through academic, extracurricular, and personal challenges
- Willing to learn about the college admissions process and how to plan a student's high school career towards a specific college goal
- Able to manage multiple parent and student relationships simultaneously
- Adept at managing expectations and counseling families through high pressure situations
- Has a strong grasp of English and writing skills
- Graduated from a top 25 university
- Has prior consulting, counseling (school or psychological), or sales experience
- If possible, fluent in Mandarin (speaking, writing, reading)
- Comfortable leading marketing presentations and student workshops
- Has prior experience helping students apply to public and private colleges
- Meet with students and parents monthly to review academic and extracurricular plans
- Manage academic, standardized test, and extracurricular plans for up to 45 students
- Coach students through independent projects (non-profit, small business, community workshop, etc)
- Lead quarterly workshops on student skills (study skills, time management, etc)
- Maintain open and regular line of communication with students and parents
- Attend quarterly marketing presentations
- Perform research on extracurricular activities (volunteering, summer programs, special projects)
- Brainstorm and edit college application essays and summer program essays
- Lead college tours
For more information or to apply, email your resume and cover letter to info [at] ilumineducation.com